In 2016, the SOE launched its first Doctoral Student Online Annual Report (DSOAR) in Taskstream, an online portfolio assessment tool. The DSOAR is a valuable opportunity for students and faculty to share feedback with one another to improve individual experiences and doctoral programming overall.
For 2019, based on student and faculty feedback, the 2019 DSOAR portfolio has been updated which we hope will lead to a better student experience and a better reporting process for faculty and programs. We are excited to launch the 2019 DSOAR and hope its updates will prove to be more beneficial to our doctoral students and their faculty.
There are two parts of the DSOAR portfolio. They are:
- The Annual Report Form: All doctoral students are required to complete this element.
- The CV/Resume Upload: All doctoral students are required to complete this element.
The deadline for DSOAR submissions is as follows:[table “” not found /]
Program Administrative Support Specialists (PASS) assigned to doctoral programs are as follows:
[table “” not found /]
Once submitted, the 2019 DSOAR’s Annual Report Form will be evaluated in Taskstream for submission completeness in February 2020. Later in Spring 2020, the CV/Resume submission will be evaluated in Taskstream using a feature to provide the Doctoral Student Annual Progress Letter as part of the evaluation. These letters, prepared by your faculty advisor and uploaded by your PASS, may reference content from the Annual Report Form, your CV/resume, and other program progress markers.
To complete and submit your 2019 DSOAR, you will need a Taskstream account.
- If you are a first year student or did not support a DSOAR last year, please use the “1. Quick Start Guide-Using your Taskstream Keycode” to create a Taskstream account. The key code included is for student use only. Once created, use “2. Quick Start Guide-Self Enrollment” to self-enroll in the portfolio for your degree program using the self-enrollment codes below.
- If you already have a Taskstream account, log in and use “2. Quick Start Guide-Self Enrollment” (attached) to self-enroll in the portfolio for your degree program using the self-enrollment codes below. You need to self-enroll with a new code every year.
- Follow the Guide 3, “DSOAR Training for students 2019 PDF” to complete and submit the required elements of your annual report. This includes step-by-step screenshots to guide you through the 2019 DSOAR process from account creation, to self-enrollment, to final submission.
Should questions arise regarding the 2019 DSOAR arise, please direct them to me, firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will relay them to the appropriate source for relief or assistance. Additional email reminders will be sent early in the New Year. 2019 DSOAR submissions are due January 31, 2020.